28 October 2020

Ariel my CB1000R is in for a service @ Doble - look what I have for a 24 hour loan!


Ariel: my lovely CB1000R+ is in Doble Motorcycles for a somewhat overcooked 600 mile service. While arranging the service I asked the nice chaps if I could have a 48 hour loan of the 2020 GoldWing - they agreed - so I have her from Weds to Fri this week!

When I woke up this morning, it was raining cats & dogs in Denmead! I thought this is going to be a very wet day's riding! Doble are in Coulsden (near Croydon) so a fair old trek in the rain... However, as it happens (thanks Lord!) the ride up was pretty much bone dry. Ariel is a fantastic bike - wonderfully quick, nimble & satisfying to ride, especially on fast, twisty A roads. This morning I didn't notice the buffeting (she's a naked bike - so no wind protection) that has plagued me on motorway journeys in the past. Perhaps that's just an issue on particularly blustery days? I went up the A3 to Tolworth, then East to Ewell, Banstead, Coulsden - a fab ride!

After a good chat with Robin, Steve & Paul at Doble, we swapped bikes & I headed back home - the scenic route: via Reigate, Dorking, Horsham, Petworth, Goodwood, Chichester, Denmead. Great roads, but terrible weather! Varied between fine skies, absolutely throwing it down, howling wind, roads were very wet & loads of slushy leaves - so not ideal conditions for playing with this wonderful & very powerful machine - ho hum. Fortunately my Rukka gear kept me dry & warm. What also helped was the the GoldWing's excellent weather protection including an electrically adjustable windscreen and toasty heated grips & seats!

I have previously spent an hour or so in the seat of a big wing - loved it then, still love it now! Deffo one for my fantasy garage. More of my thoughts & findings on this remarkable bike to follow over the next couple of days. TTFN!

www.doble.co.uk


No comments:

Post a Comment