01 July 2020

Don tests the Indian FTR1200 - with Moore Speed Racing, Poole


Today, I took some time out of the office to visit Colin Moore & his colleagues at Moore Speed Racing in Poole. A great day to do ~100 miles: fine dry weather!

I love going to bike shops, playing with new toys (buying them too!). Usually the guys & gals who work in bike shops are nice peeps. Colin & his colleagues at Moore Speed have just raised the bar! Everyone who I chatted with (maybe a dozen people) was friendly, polite & helpful. Moore Speed have a fantastic selection of new & used bikes, upgrades, parts & clothing. Their engineering facilities are especially impressive - from bike customisation to bespoke product machining!

I was really impressed with the Indian FTR1200. Colin had two demo bikes: a standard stock machine (which I rode & loved) & his own one which had the entire toy shop thrown at it (stunning!). The FTR that I rode was a lot of fun! When most people think of an American motorcycle, they think Harley. This isn't a Harley! It is compact, sporty - most definitely not a cruiser! Powerful - with a V-Twin 1200cc engine. Crack the throttle & the response is immediate. Handling is light & dynamic, with superb road-holding. Build quality is great, finish is lovely.

So, to sum up. If you are around Poole, or just fancy a trip to the south coast - visit Moore Speed Racing for a real treat. If you are undecided about your next bike, do checkout the FTR - it's a truly superb machine - I'd love one. Here are some pix from my visit, including my lovely tin mug which reads "Indian Test Rider" :0).


No comments:

Post a Comment