06 November 2020

Across the world, Covid-19 has brought much sadness to many people. #PrayerfortheNation

 

‘On the brink of this second lockdown we might understandably feel helpless, anxious and vulnerable.’ says the Archbishop of Canterbury, Justin Welby, ‘… we do what we can to halt the spread of this virus – but we can still feel powerless. Is there anything else we can do? Really do?  Yes. Yes there is. We can pray. Prayer is my first response when I feel out of my depth, when I need help, when I am worried, when I am concerned for those I love... Prayer changes things.'

Thy Kingdom Come invite you to join us over the next 4 weeks of #PrayerfortheNation

Every day we will pause and pray at 6pm for those impacted by the pandemic. You can set an alarm, light a candle or use a light on your mobile phone as a prompt to pray, or you may even hear a church or cathedral bell ring as a reminder.

Follow us on social media for daily prayers, and you can find an easy to use, printable prayer booklet here, to help you as you pray over the next 4 weeks. You can also explore the Church of England’s website for further resources.

Click here to watch the Archbishop of York, Stephen Cottrell, inviting you to join #PrayerfortheNation. 

www.churchofengland.org


No comments:

Post a Comment