15 April 2021

Do you subscribe to Donline's Blog? Changes are coming to the email feed in July 2021. Read & be aware...

 

GOOGLE: Starting in July 2021, we are transitioning FeedBurner onto a more stable, modern infrastructure. This will keep the product up and running for all users, but it also means that we will be turning down most non-core feed management features, including email subscriptions, at that time.

The Feedburner team announced that their email subscription service will be discontinued in July 2021. As a result, Blogger’s email subscription widget, also known as the FollowByEmail widget, will be turned off. From July 2021 onwards, your existing Feedburner feeds will continue to serve but the automated emails to your subscribers won’t be supported.

Translating the above into English: Google are pulling the plug on the email subscription serviceFollowByEmail widget - services used on my Blog & many, many others.

If you currently subscribe to Donline's Blog (big thanks to all 1,166 of you!) nothing will change till July this year. Then according to the Google articles - you will no longer receive email digests of my posts, nor have the ability to sign up for these emails. Bah.

So from that point on, if you would like to continue reading my Blog content - you will have to visit my Blog on a daily/weekly basis. Apologies for this interruption in service, but as you can see it is totally out of my hands. Thanks Google, grrrr.

Thanks again for reading - I hope you enjoy my posts as much as I enjoy creating them. It's about the stuff that's important to me... 

With Blessings, Don.

www.google.com


No comments:

Post a Comment