09 April 2021

A song for today. Thunder: Preaching from a Chair

 


I'm sorry I don't hate the world.

I'm afraid that I'm not disturbed.

I'm sorry, that I don't do drugs, I hope you understand.

I can't talk my life in hell, or a suicide attempt that did not go well,

no life of crime , no misery. What you see is what you get.

And I don't believe in dwelling on a darkest side,

coz there is enough bad new on the television every night.

So I don't need , need some little punk who's latest star,

telling me over and over again, life is such a drag

when you're in a band.


What is it coming to, when everyone's talking through their heads.

And we all heard it all before.

What happened to honesty? The way that it looks to me.

Is everybody's in in it trying to get somewhere.

And trying to justify it, PREACHING FROM A CHAIR.


Full Lyrics / Youtube / Album


No comments:

Post a Comment