20 April 2021

A poem to our rescue dog, Calli

 


There's no need to flinch when I lift my hand 

No need to cower each time I stand 

No need to run when I come near 

No need to tremble - I see your fear. 


You can sleep with both eyes shut, 

Don't need to jump when you wake up. 

Your food is yours to eat in peace 

No need to fight to keep your feast 


You don't need to lie upon a hard floor 

The beds and sofas are yours to explore 

Don't need to sit out in the rain 

The house is your shelter, your new domain. 


I cannot erase the memories and fears 

I can't compensate for the wasted years 

All I have is what you see 

But I give you it all and I give you me. 


I give you these arms to comfort and hold 

I give you this voice for the joys you'll be told

I give you my heart and abundance of love 

I give you my soul and I hope its enough. 


x

No comments:

Post a Comment