21 February 2022

Planning a Euro road trip with a classic vehicle? Better read this!

The BMF is urgently following up allegations that historic motorcycles over 40 years old – exempt from an MOT in the UK – may still need to carry an MOT certificate when travelling in the EU.

The question came up when a Triumph Owners Club member was stopped in this week Spain on his 1970 T100SS for a document check. He was asked for an MOT or equivalent certificate and told that his machine could be impounded if he couldn’t produce one.


No comments:

Post a Comment