18 August 2020

Sir Tom Moore's extraordinary life story & love of motorcycles


Lockdown hero Sir Tom Moore has revealed the history of his life in an upcoming ITV documentary.

The 100-year-old became famous after raising more than £30 million for NHS charities during the height of the coronavirus lockdown. His laps of his garden became something of a national icon which was celebrated across the country during the crisis. For his actions, he was knighted by the queen.

In the documentary which will be broadcast on ITV on Thursday night, Sir Tom reveals the story of his life for the first time.

Sir Tom goes into detail about how his uncle Billy had a great influence on him and inspired his life long passion for motorbikes: He said: "My first motorcycle, I found in a barn, and I bought it for half a crown. Its tyres were flat, it was covered in dust and didn't run. I was 12, and not boasting or anything, I had been brought up with motorbikes and on my own, without anybody's help, I got it running and ran it in the field. Nobody came and gave me help, they just assumed I would do it, and I did it."

The Life And Times Of Captain Sir Tom first aired on ITV at 9.15pm, Thursday 13th August 2020. Catch up on the ITV Hub HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment