13 December 2019

Words of strength & encouragement - perseverance & prayer


IN GOD’S HANDS. ‘My Dad has just been diagnosed with a rare form of Parkinson’s. It’s hereditary, so I don’t know what that means for my health. I’m going to get myself tested. It’s frightening. I was all over the shop when I found out.

Galatians 6:9 was given to me as a scripture to learn and study. It says, “Let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season, we will reap, if we do not give up.” It’s about perseverance.

‘I have been praying for the strength to face this. I’m grand, because I know that God will help me through it. A walk with Christ is not easy. Perseverance is important. I know my future is in God’s hands. Even if I tried to sort this out myself, I wouldn’t be able to. I know what I’m like. I’m just a disaster.

‘So, I’m going to God every morning and praying for strength to get through this and for my Da and Ma. My Dad is only 56.

‘Without the perseverance that this verse talks about, I wouldn’t be able to follow the path that God has laid before me.’


No comments:

Post a Comment