30 October 2018

Reading for today: Jesus Christ - your key to life


Madonna said, ‘When I was growing up... Jesus Christ was like a movie star, my favourite idol of all.’

Napoleon Bonaparte said, ‘I know men and I tell you that Jesus Christ is no mere man.’

Novelist H.G. Wells said, ‘I am an historian, I am not a believer. But this penniless preacher from Galilee is irresistibly the centre of history.’

Even people who would not describe themselves as followers of the ‘penniless preacher’ recognise that there is something extraordinary about Jesus.

No one, not even angels, can compare to Jesus (Hebrews 1:1–14). If you want to know what God is like, look at Jesus. He said, ‘Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father’ (John 14:9). Everything you read and understand about God through the Bible needs to be read through the lens of Jesus. He is the ultimate revelation of God.

Your key to getting your life sorted out is Jesus. Your key to understanding the Bible is Jesus. Your key to understanding God’s character is Jesus. Your key to life is Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment