29 June 2018

Motorcyclists: why you probably shouldn't buy a Kevlar jean


MOTOLEGENDS: WHY YOU SHOULDN'T BUY A KEVLAR JEAN AND SHOULD CONSIDER A SINGLE-LAYER JEAN INSTEAD

Now let me be clear about this; I’m using Kevlar as the best known example of an aramid weave. Kevlar is a very fine aramid weave; I’m not taking a pop at DuPont. My point is that, certainly at this time of year, any kind of lined jean will be hot and, for most bikers, life will be more comfortable in what we call a single-layer jean.

Let me go back a while; perhaps 25 years ago. I remember buying my first pair of protective jeans from America. I was very excited about them; nobody I knew wore jeans on their bike. I thought that I looked really cool in them.

Looking back, I now realise they were hideous. They were so heavy I had to wear braces to keep them up. I don’t think ’skinny’ was the fashion back then, but these pants must have been a foot wide. The thickness of the lining was about the same as the stuff you put in the roof for insulation. Which might explain why I could barely walk in them, and why my hot sweats were menopausal in their persistence and regularity.

I have a pair of Honda Kevlar Jeans which are pretty good. Not too hot, they breathe & fit well, but a bit heavy. Now my Rokker Revolution Jeans are really clever: light & easy to wear, windproof, waterproof, breathe well, armoured, very protective. It's definitely worth checking ROKKER out!

Read more: www.motolegends.com


No comments:

Post a Comment