22 June 2018

Look what has arrived: my Gemini - by Planet Computers!


I ordered my unit from Indiegogo 15th March and it arrived while we were away on our road tripI had high hopes that this device would be as good as the Psion 3 & 5 organisers that I used to use "back in the day".

The good news is: it's great - I'm really happy (so far). 
Think of it as a micro-laptop - running Android.

(Closed) dimensions are: 17cm wide x 8cm deep x 14mm tall. Tiny!
It is fast & powerful, excellent battery life, high quality proper keyboard, voice activated.
I've gone for the WiFi only version, as I thought using this as a phone would be cumbersome - I was right. Hopefully they will work out how to seamlessly integrate phone functionality, perhaps in a way similar to the Nokia 9000 Communicator?

When I'm out and about & don't want to (cant be asked to!) take my laptop - this will be my go to device.


No comments:

Post a Comment