19 June 2024

Eating cheese plays a role in healthy, happy aging

 

A massive study of 2.3 million people has found that, independent of socioeconomic factors, mental well-being may be the most important single aspect to healthy aging and living longer lives. But a surprise finding was that those who reported the best mental health and stress resilience, which boosted well-being, also seemed to eat more cheese.

Yes, cheese – something we've been making around the world and eating for more than 4,000 years, as recorded on the walls of tombs in ancient Egypt. In fact, a few years ago the world's oldest cheese – aged a few centuries beyond palatability – was dug up in the region. Read more...

Funny that! I remember the doc telling me that I was eating too much cheese. Perhaps I misheard, and it was not enough cheese ;0). Let's not waste time: I'm off to grab some fromage!

www.newatlas.com


No comments:

Post a Comment